[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Paul Dugas <paul at dugasenterprises dot com>
 To:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Traffic Shaping
 Date:  Thu, 10 Sep 2009 20:28:51 -0400
On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 6:29 PM, Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org> wrote:

> Joey Morin wrote:
>
>  Or, do I need to get the ISP to setup shaping rules on [Rtr1] to make this
>> work?
>>

> You can do it all at your end.  You will need to set limits slightly below
> your full bandwidth, but it will work fine.

So, where can I learn more about the mechanism?  How does the local router
influence how the remote router chooses one packet over another to stuff in
the saturated link?

Sorry for being dense here.

Paul Dugas -- Computer Engineer -- Dugas Enterprises, LLC
522 Black Canyon Park, Canton GA 30114 USA
paul at dugasenterprises dot com -- +1.404.932.1355