[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Francesco Peeters <francesco at fampeeters dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  IPsec VPN from SonicWALL XPRS (Standard mode behind NAT) to m0n0wall...
 Date:  Fri, 11 Sep 2009 10:06:26 +0200
Hi all,

I have a question:
I have to set up a tunnel between a SonicWALL XPRS in standard mode and
m0n0wall, and it partially works.

The SNWL shows the tunnel as up
The m0n0wall shows the correct SPDs and SPAs
The log shows some info on not finding the correct ID, trying by IP
instead, but then does seem to work (unfortunately this info has already
scrolled out of the logs, and I am currently unable to test again, due
to the fact the SNWL is unreachable for remote mgmt, being behind NAT.

Tracing on the SNWL shows data *is* being sent towards the m0n0wall, but
no data is coming back.
(A similar VPN between another SNWL (in NAT mode, directly connected to
the Internet) and the m0n0wall *is* passing data!)

The firewall rules for IPsec are set up (for now) to allow *and* log
everything, but nothing shows up in the firewall log. (Not even for the
VPNs that DO work!)

Has anyone setup a similar scenario, and if so, any suggestions?

PS: The m0n0wall replaces a SNWL TZ170 that died. The connection between
the XPRS and TZ170 worked ok, so it is not likely anything in the
NATting router that prevents this from working...

TIA & BRgds,
--
Francesco Peeters