[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "BaitFish" <holycarp00 at hotmail dot com>
 To:  "Christiaens Joachim" <jchristi at oce dot be>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>, <adam at nellemann dot nu>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Multiple Dynamic External Addresses - How to Assign to Internal Clients? (w/o NAT)
 Date:  Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:17:31 -0800

> Well, yes, you will need a 3rd NIC to be able to use bridging. One
interface
> (LAN in your case) will not be used, except maybe for accessing the
webgui,
> but you can do that via ssl (https) over the bridged interface too, if you
> create the right rules.
>
> Also, you will need that 3rd interface to be bridged with the WAN
interface
> in your situation.
>
> In the current version (pb27), you are able to assign the interfaces in
> webgui.
>
> Hope you'll get there! :)
>
> Joachim

Thanks again.  I did manage to get it going just as you've said, with a 3rd
NIC.  I did wait for the next release of m0n0wall since I'd read of a bug in
the shaper of pb27.  As far as I know it's all working fine.  My internal
machines now have their external IP's assigned DHCP from the cable modem
just fine and I've got them NETBEUI'd for local files sharing.
B-E-A-Utiful! :-D

BaitFish