[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jim Gifford <jim at giffords dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Boot problems NOW VERY URGENT
 Date:  Thu, 19 Feb 2004 12:24:18 -0500
Ok, I'm going to take a BIG guess here.  For some unknown reason,
m0n0wall's FreeBSD kernel is having difficulty talking to the master
ide device on the primary ide bus, and after a while the kernel gives
up and resets the primary ide bus, and then the whole thing hangs.
It sounds to me like this system is just incompatible with FreeBSD
(or at least the compile of the kernel included on the cdrom).

Since you say you're able to boot it on a laptop, and you say you'll be
using it on a machine specifically for m0n0wall, why not just test on one
of those two machines?  Testing on the actual hardware you'll use would
be best.

I still don't think there's quite enough information to diagnose the
problem, but perhaps this will help you go from here.

hope this helps,
jim