[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Rick Low <r dot low at computer dot org>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DNS Configuration in m0n0wall
 Date:  Fri, 20 Feb 2004 15:29:15 -0500
Manuel Kasper wrote:

> [snip]
>
>> Unfortunately it still doesn't work and I wasn't able to figure out why.
>

> That's an easy one: you'll have to decrement all the $x variables in
> ppp-linkup by one because the MPD manual seems to be wrong about the
> parameters passed to the up-script - here's what it says:
>
> script interface inet local-ip remote-ip authname [ dns1 server-ip ] [
> dns2 server-ip ]
>
> According to your log entry, the authname parameter is missing, so
> that's probably why it didn't work. Could you check if this is indeed
> the case and tell me so I can fix it for the next version?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Manuel

Dang -- I just unplugged the M0n0wall and put my LEAF box back. Hang on...

Nope, still doesn't work. However, we're making progress:

$ cat /var/etc/nameservers.conf
206.47.244.79
206.47.244.59

So ppp-linkup is working now that I decremented all the parameters.

However, the resolv.conf files in /etc and /var/etc are still empty (just one "domain" line).

But when I manually added the two name servers from /var/etc/nameservers.conf into /etc/resolv.conf,
everything started working.

It looks like something is not happening in the correct order to update resolv.conf once the link is
up.

--rick