[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "BaitFish" <holycarp00 at hotmail dot com>
 To:  "Andrew Lewis" <andrew at coastal dot com>, "Brandon Holland" <brandon at cookssaw dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Shaper - Pipe Momentarily Burstable?
 Date:  Sat, 21 Feb 2004 09:59:01 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Lewis" <andrew at coastal dot com>
To: "Brandon Holland" <brandon at cookssaw dot com>
Cc: <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 6:52 AM

> Brandon Holland wrote:
> > I have a problem similar in nature.  We currently use a wirelessly
> > shared T1 connection.
> >
> > Brandon

Yes, that's what I was speaking of.  Now that you put it that way, I
understand what you're getting at.  Using a shaper to delay inbound ISP=>me
traffic is kinda useless, just creating a bottleneck, damning up packets,
more delay, right?  Would it be better to abandon inbound shaping?  My
objective with shaping is to prevent delays to "normal" web use while say
P2P or NNTP uses as much of the bandwidth as it can otherwise.

Bait