[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Don Gray" <don at netcaliber dot com>
 To:  "Darth Moula" <darth underscore moula at atlas dot cz>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to reslove FTP PASSIVE MODE?
 Date:  Sat, 21 Feb 2004 11:08:45 -0800
It's not easy or safe to use a PASV FTP server....you need to open a range
of ports and redirect them to the server.  You must also configure the
server to use this range of ports with PASV ftp.  A better answer is to
require clients to use ACTIVE mode FTP...this is straight forward and
doesn't require any configuration beyond opening port 21 and redirecting it
to the server.