[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  Rick Low <r dot low at computer dot org>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DNS Configuration in m0n0wall
 Date:  Sat, 21 Feb 2004 22:13:12 +0100
Rick Low wrote:

> However, the resolv.conf files in /etc and /var/etc are still empty
> (just one "domain" line).
>
> But when I manually added the two name servers from
> /var/etc/nameservers.conf into /etc/resolv.conf, everything started
> working.

For reference - Rick and I have been able to resolve this issue
completely. As it turned out, in addition to the missing lines in
mpd.conf that Rick pointed out, there was an issue with the CGI version
of PHP that took me a while to track down (it ignores the script file
name passed to it via the command line if the environment variable
SCRIPT_FILENAME is also set, which is possible because sub-processes
normally inherit their parents environment). The fix (DNS servers
assigned via PPPoE or PPTP are finally used for the DNS forwarder) will
be in the next release.

- Manuel