[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  XP PPTP Issue
 Date:  Sun, 22 Feb 2004 10:57:38 +1000
Hi Manuel,

On Sat, 2004-02-14 at 11:39, Manuel Kasper wrote:
> Hilton Travis wrote:
>
> > That's not the news I was hoping for.  :)  Oh well, looks like I'll
>
> Looks like they have quite a few things to fix now - the dreaded XP PPTP
> VPN bug, apparently a new kind of PPPoE problem (?), and this (minor)
> issue...

Well, the PPPOE issue has been fixed (m0n0wall configuration issues).

Archie Cobbs on the MPD mailing list knows nothing of this XP PPTP issue
- what is it exactly.  He says that "I don't know what the "XP PPTP
issue" is, but there is an issue that could be related that relates to a
certain ACK timeout in PPTP. This was changed from 10 to 1 second in
FBSD 4.9, which should help in certain cases of high packet loss."

Is that the issue to which you are referring?  If not, please elaborate
so we can see if this issue can also be solved.

--

Regards,

				http://www.mamboband.org/