[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] DNS Configuration in m0n0wall
 Date:  Sun, 22 Feb 2004 12:04:31 +1000
Hi Manuel and Rick,

On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 07:13, Manuel Kasper wrote:
> Rick Low wrote:
>
> > However, the resolv.conf files in /etc and /var/etc are still empty
> > (just one "domain" line).
> >
> > But when I manually added the two name servers from
> > /var/etc/nameservers.conf into /etc/resolv.conf, everything started
> > working.
>
> For reference - Rick and I have been able to resolve this issue
> completely. As it turned out, in addition to the missing lines in
> mpd.conf that Rick pointed out, there was an issue with the CGI version
> of PHP that took me a while to track down (it ignores the script file
> name passed to it via the command line if the environment variable
> SCRIPT_FILENAME is also set, which is possible because sub-processes
> normally inherit their parents environment). The fix (DNS servers
> assigned via PPPoE or PPTP are finally used for the DNS forwarder) will
> be in the next release.

Thanks for working on this, and thanks even more for working it out!
The guys on the MPD list also suggested that the PPTP bug should be
fixed in FreeBSD 4.9, which is what m0n0wall is based on.  So it looks
like there may be some configuration-only issues causing the MPD-related
PPTP bug that folks are experiencing.

--

Regards,

				http://www.mamboband.org/