[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Cook <david dot cook at jetpress dot com>
 To:  "'m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] IP aliases on external interface
 Date:  Thu, 19 Feb 2004 08:02:38 -0000
Hi Jason,

Yes this is supported. You need to use Proxy ARP so that m0n0wall sends ARP
replies on the WAN interface for IP addresses other than that specified in
the WAN configuration. This is in effect 'binding' the multiple IPs to the
WAN interface.

Once additional IPs are configured in Proxy ARP then they can be used for
NAT, either Inbound, Server NAT, 1:1 or Outbound. If you want to use Inbound
NATing based on ports, don't forget that any IP address other than that
specified in the WAN configuration needs to be configured in Server NAT.

Bridging is only really appropriate if you want to assign IP addresses from
the network on your WAN interface directly to hosts behind m0n0wall.

JET PRESS LIMITED
Nunn Close
Huthwaite
Nottinghamshire
NG17 2HW
UK

Web:	www.jetpress.com
Tel:	+44-1623-551 800
Fax: 	+44-1623-551 175

Confidentiality Notice
This message and its contents are confidential.  The contents are solely for the attention of the
recipient(s) named above and any unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution is forbidden.  If
you are not the recipient named above, please contact the sender immediately and destroy this
message.  The views expressed in this message are those of the sender and not necessarily those of
JET PRESS LIMITED.