[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Brett Maxfield <maxfieb at spacenow dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: TRAFFIC SHAPING AND P2P
 Date:  Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:48:00 +1000
Gian Temp wrote:
> I would like to use the m0n0 to give high priority to normal traffic and
> slow down a lot the P2P. I have just 300kbps outbound trunk for 23 users !!!

I have investigated this when i did some quick testing..

I use it to stop congestion mainly, setting at about 80-90% of each
direction's limit. Improves performance also as congestion does not
block all the icmp messages, and cause many TCP retransmits..

This seems to work (notions to the contrary or fixes are welcome):