[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Hilton Travis <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Cant access m0n0 www
 Date:  Sun, 22 Feb 2004 19:28:24 +1000
Hi All,

On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 18:59, Manuel Kasper wrote:
> Barry Murphy wrote:
>
> > So I guess my problem is now to change the system from SSL to clear text
> > without having to reflash or reset to defaults. Any ideas?
>
> Yes. Just use the "Set LAN IP address" option in the console menu and
> enter the previous values. In the end it will ask you if you want to
> revert to HTTP. Nice, huh? :)

Yes, that is rather nice, I must admit.  :)

> > Wouldn't ssh just be sooooo nice??
>
> No.

Actually, I'll toss my two bob in here.  Personally, one thing I like
aboot SmoothWall that m0n0wall doesn't have is ssh.  It allows me to
tunnel many things over ssh (as root) so I can play with a number of
things - such as accessing the webGUI from external over ssh, running
vnc over ssh to internal servers, and so on.

--

Regards,

				http://www.mamboband.org/