[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 To:  "Chad R. Larson" <clarson at eldocomp dot com>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] XP PPTP Issue
 Date:  Mon, 23 Feb 2004 07:31:32 +0100
Chad R. Larson wrote:

> At the moment, 4-STABLE =is= 4.9.  Perhaps you've confused the -STABLE with
> the -RELEASE tags?

No. 4.9-STABLE has had the fix since November 22, 2003, yes, but not
4.9-RELEASE or the RELENG_4_9 security branch (which I use). I don't use
-STABLE because even though they're conservative about changes that
could possibly break things, I've had problems with it a few times in
the past. The problem is that you just never really know what 4.x-STABLE
is because it all depends on the particular point in time when you
checked out the sources. If he said it was fixed in FreeBSD 4.9, that
would lead one to believe that 4.9-RELEASE contained the fix, which is
wrong.

- Manuel