[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Paul Evans" <paul underscore andrew underscore evans at hotmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Problem installing on WRAP
 Date:  Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:06:44 -0000
Hi

I'm trying to get m0n0wall working on a PC engines WRAP platform (1 mini PCI, 3 LAN version).

I'm using a 32mb lexar compact flash in an IDE to compact flash adapter under linux, where
/var/log/messages tells me the device is /dev/hdc0

I've followed the installation instructions:

   gunzip -c wrap-1.0.img | dd of=/dev/hdc0 bs=16k

Then I've shutdown the machine, taken the compact flash out and put it in the WRAP machine.

It then comes up:

PC Engines WRAP.1C v1.0
tinyBIOS V1.4a (C)1997-2003 PC Engines

640 KB Base Memory
64512 KB Extended Memory

01F0 Master 848A LEXAR ATA FLASH
Phys C/H/S 487/4/32 Log C/H/S 487/4/32

Invalid system disk
Replace the disk, and then press any key

OK, I know it's probably something simple that I've overlooked but as I'm not a linux guru, I'm
looking to you guys for help :-)  I don't think it's the WRAP as it comes up with identical messages
on both my machines, and I've used various 32Mb and 8Mb lexar compact flash cards, but to no avail.

Cheers,

Paul.