[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Alex Sandini <asandini at blue dash chip dot be>
 To:  Paul Evans <paul underscore andrew underscore evans at hotmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem installing on WRAP
 Date:  Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:17:42 +0100
Paul,
hdc is the secondary master, usually the cdrom drive on a laptop.
The compact flash should come up as something more than hdd. (hde, hdf
are fine).

--
Alex Sandini
Blue-Chip Engineering NV

Paul Evans wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm trying to get m0n0wall working on a PC engines WRAP platform (1 mini PCI, 3 LAN version).
>
> I'm using a 32mb lexar compact flash in an IDE to compact flash adapter under linux, where
/var/log/messages tells me the device is /dev/hdc0

> I've followed the installation instructions:
>
>    gunzip -c wrap-1.0.img | dd of=/dev/hdc0 bs=16k
>
> Then I've shutdown the machine, taken the compact flash out and put it in the WRAP machine.
>
> It then comes up:
>
> PC Engines WRAP.1C v1.0
> tinyBIOS V1.4a (C)1997-2003 PC Engines
>
> 640 KB Base Memory
> 64512 KB Extended Memory
>
> 01F0 Master 848A LEXAR ATA FLASH
> Phys C/H/S 487/4/32 Log C/H/S 487/4/32
>
> Invalid system disk
> Replace the disk, and then press any key
>

> OK, I know it's probably something simple that I've overlooked but as I'm not a linux guru, I'm
looking to you guys for help :-)  I don't think it's the WRAP as it comes up with identical messages
on both my machines, and I've used various 32Mb and 8Mb lexar compact flash cards, but to no avail.