[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Brandon Holland" <brandon at cookssaw dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Windows Messenger for MS Exchange
 Date:  Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:02:52 -0600
We have a wireless internet provider and use m0n0wall as a
router/firewall for them.  When the wireless network dies (on their end
for whatever reason) our Windows messenger becomes unresponsive.  It
doesn't completely freeze, if you give it enough time, it'll work, but
try to imagine Windows messenger on a 25mhz 486.  That is literally how
it acts.  As soon as WAN comes back up however problem is solved.

We're not using .Net Passport, just MS exchange's "local" service, so it
shouldn't need the internet.  Why exactly is it even caring that the
internet is not up?

I'm completely bewildered.

Thanks,
Brandon Holland    (Brandon at Cookssaw dot com)
Network Administrator
Cooks Saw MFG, LLC ( <http://www.cookssaw.com/> www.CooksSaw.com)
    "Leading the bandsaw Industry
         by providing tomorrow's innovation today"
160 Ken Lane
Newton, AL 36352  (Click
<http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?city=newton&state=AL&address=160+k
en+ln&zip=36352&country=us&zoom=5>  for map)
   Ph: 1-800-473-4804    [ (334) 692-5074 ]
   Fax: (334) 692-3704