[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  <gr at redskycom dot net>
 To:  <Hilton at QuarkAV dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Boot problems NOW VERY URGENT
 Date:  Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:23:25 +0100
Many thanks.

Here what i can say.

My pc is a normal pc running in itself windows XP with 2 eth cards (NIC
Fast Ethernet PCI Familia RTL8139 de Realtek).

I am trying to test the m0n0 on this pc and then mount it on a specific
one just for this use.

I burnt the cd on a LD read/write drive. It reads it and looks ok, but
then it stops at the line I specified

> Hi everybody,
>
> I just burned a cd with the iso image and booted the PC. It
> starts, the
> scripts comes out on the screen and then:
>
> AD0: read command time out tag=0 serv=0 resetting
>
> and then at the following line it stops:
>
> ATA0: resetting devices ..

the sumcheck is ok on the .iso I downloaded into my hardisk. I have no
clue how I van check it on the cd burnt since the software I use
(filecheckMD5 fo windows) would right the result on the same flder...

If progr stops in a part of the script I thing there might be something
incopatible with the program (my NICs etc...). I have been testing other
linux based programs on the same machine bridging the nics and worked
correectly.

Many thanks againa
Gianluca