[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Paul Evans" <paul underscore andrew underscore evans at hotmail dot com>
 To:  "Jim Gifford" <jim at giffords dot net>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problem installing on WRAP
 Date:  Mon, 23 Feb 2004 16:29:44 -0000
Thanks Jim

When I do ls -l /dev/hdc0 is comes up:

    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root    5242880 Feb 23 15:37 /dev/hdc0

So it looks like you're correct in that it's creating a file. All the other
hdc* come up:

   brw-rw----     1   root     disk   22, 0, Feb 13 11:14 /dev/hdc
...etc

The strange thing is I've looked through /var/log/messages and it tells me:

   kernel: hdc: LEXAR ATA FLASH, CFA DISK drive

I've no idea whether the CD-IDE adapter is on the primary or secondary bus -
I've just plugged it into a spare IDE port which is daisychained to the cd
drive.

Doing a hdparm -i /dev/hdc    says no such device or address

Same but for hdc0 says:    HDIO_GET_IDENTITY failed: Inappropriate ioctl for
device

Many thanks for all of your help.

Paul.