[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bosse Timothy" <Bosse dot tf at mellon dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  FW: [m0n0wall] Windows Messenger for MS Exchange
 Date:  Mon, 23 Feb 2004 15:37:23 -0500
First of all, I am not quite sure this is a m0n0wall issue.  Perhaps you
might consider another discussion list dedicated to Windows Messenger
issues?

Secondly, do you allow people to use .net accounts in addition to
Exchange IM services?  Assuming that your exchange server is on your
local network, the only other option that might cause a problem is if
you allow .net contacts (check preferences for IM).  If they have any
.net or outside contacts, when the wireless side goes down, you will
lose the connection to the IM server located outside of your network,
thus the "lag."