[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] SD MythTV, more CPU needed on FW?
 Date:  Fri, 11 Sep 2009 09:46:44 -0500
Chris Buechler wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 3:37 AM, JP Vossen <jp at jpsdomain dot org> wrote:

>> Separate NICs are an interesting thought. The segments ended up
>> on the same NIC mostly by accident, and could be moved.  I'd had some
>> half-baked idea that having them on the same card might help, but I hadn't
>> been thinking that through.

> It still gets processed the same way whether it's on the same card or
> a different one.

Actually, I was thinking about that...  With two ports on one card you
are using a single PCI interface both ways.  Possibly the same IRQ?  I
have not tested that to know for sure, and my try with some old hardware
and an Inter single port and a Intel Dual port nic to see...

If I ever get some free time. :)  (No, really...  Stop laughing) :)

			Lee