[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "GD Incorporation" <rbasuki at gdincorporation dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Captive Portal Weird PassThrough MAC
 Date:  Thu, 17 Sep 2009 12:52:57 +0700
Dear all m0n0wall gurus,

I have a small problem with captive portal feature. Although I already
listed my computer to the list of Pass-Through MAC, for some reason every
morning after I turned on my computer, I cannot get my emails right away. I
found out that I need to open a browser and browse any website first to make
the Pass-Through MAC realize that I want to be online to get my emails and
instant messaging, etc.

After I open a browser and browse any website, then I can do my Internet
activities again normally.

Any thoughts or tips on this. It would be great if I can still YM or emails
without having to open a browser first. It is just annoying.

Tried the latest m0n0wall as well and it does the same thing.

Thank you

Rendra