[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal Weird PassThrough MAC
 Date:  Thu, 17 Sep 2009 07:56:36 +0200
On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 7:52 AM, GD Incorporation
<rbasuki at gdincorporation dot com> wrote:
> Dear all m0n0wall gurus,
>
> I have a small problem with captive portal feature. Although I already
> listed my computer to the list of Pass-Through MAC, for some reason every
> morning after I turned on my computer, I cannot get my emails right away. I
> found out that I need to open a browser and browse any website first to make
> the Pass-Through MAC realize that I want to be online to get my emails and
> instant messaging, etc.
>
> After I open a browser and browse any website, then I can do my Internet
> activities again normally.
>
> Any thoughts or tips on this. It would be great if I can still YM or emails
> without having to open a browser first. It is just annoying.
>
> Tried the latest m0n0wall as well and it does the same thing.
>
> Thank you
>
> Rendra

Hi,
This is normal behaviour.
If you want to avoid this, set a fixed ip and use an entry in the
allowed ip-addresses section of the captive portal (x.x.x.x to any,
where x.x.x.x is your fixed ip)
This way you won't pass the portal but go straight through without the
need of opening a browser.

Kind regards
Y.