[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  "Mohammed Ismail" <m dot ismael at gmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Cc:  "'Mohammed Ismail'" <m dot ismael at gmail dot com>
 Subject:  bridge while captive portal is on.
 Date:  Thu, 17 Sep 2009 19:29:47 +0200
After editing services_captiveportal.php  exclude the bridge check

/* make sure no interfaces are bridged

                for ($i = 1; isset($config['interfaces']['opt' . $i]); $i++)

                        $coptif = &$config['interfaces']['opt' . $i];

                        if (isset($coptif['enable']) && $coptif['bridge']) {

                                $input_errors[] = "The captive portal cannot
be used when one or more interfaces are bridged."

                } */

It worked fine. No need to do any thing else - unlike I though in the

I tested it with VLANs I did not have physical NICs to test that but it will

After enable opt1 and select bridge with LAN then reboot ,

After reboot I went to interfaces assign page, found new + clicked on it

Gave me bridge0 (02:8c:c8:bd:71:16) as an interface
So I went to captive portal simply found it out there
Choose it and it worked perfect
I guess making sure no interfaces are bridged need to get tuned to know the
difference between bridged interfaces - bridge members - and the bridge0