[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bobert, Tyler" <tyler dot bobert at uwc dot edu>
 To:  "Mohammed Ismail" <m dot ismael at gmail dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal
 Date:  Thu, 17 Sep 2009 16:38:26 -0500
I don't have anything bridged, I really don't know much about it.  I am
using m0n0wall 1.3b18 just like you.  The problem is that some people
with newer vista machines cannot connect to the network.  When I use the
command ipconfig/all the ip address they are connected to is not in the
range of the router its like a 168.xxx.x.xx number which means it isn't
connecting to the m0n0wall correctly.  Modem <--> m0n0wall <--> 5 port
switch <--> 3 32 port managed switches <--> 5 port switch in each room,
instead 8 rooms have a wireless router turned into an access point by
turning the DHCP server off

All of it is Linksys equipment.  I have all default settings on the
m0n0wall, just have things changed in the captive portal.  There is no
timeout, or redirection or anything.  Once they are authenticated they
are in for good unless the m0n0wall is restarted and they will have to
authenticate again.  I also get a message on the monitor connected to
the m0n0wall saying "vr0: rx packet lost"  I am just a student worker
that was kind of thrown into this situation and I am just trying to
understand it.

Thanks