[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Captive portal , Firefox 3.5 and SSL3.0
 Date:  Sat, 12 Sep 2009 16:43:50 +0200
Hi guys,

We were having issues with Firefox 3.5 and the captive portal.
The login page loaded very slow (10 to 15 sec) caused by the OSCP
check the new firefox's are doing for https sites.
So, the first thing we did was allowing the particular oscp ip in the
captive portal so firefox was able to validate the certificate.

The next problem I bumped into were slow or only half loading images
on the login page.(not always, but most of the tries ended up with
half loaded images)
I could solve this by unchecking "Use SSL 3.0" in the advanced options
(encryption tab) of firefox.  I guess SSL3.0 isn't supported in the
m0n0wall built in webserver?
Problem is, this option is checked by default in firefox, so many of
our customers will experience this issue.

We use a custom image based on m0n0wall 1.235.
Now I was wondering, does the latest beta (1.3b18 at this time)
support SSL 3.0 or will it give us the same issues?
Any other solutions are more then welcome of course.

Kind regards
Y.