[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Bobert, Tyler" <tyler dot bobert at uwc dot edu>
 To:  "Lee Sharp" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal
 Date:  Fri, 18 Sep 2009 11:19:40 -0500
I will take a look at that article, thank you.  As for the mac
filtering, yes I know that you need some kind of web traffic, but for
whatever reason some laptops with vista on wireless do no even bring up
the captive portal page until I do pass through IP.  This is separate
from the problem with the bad IP address in Vista.  Hopefully that
article helps find and fix the issue when I have people coming down to
my office to fix it.  I have just been setting a static ip on their
computers, and manually adding the WINS servers in order to make it
work.  Thanks again.