[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  David Burgess <apt dot get at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Off Topic: Asterisk advice
 Date:  Thu, 24 Sep 2009 10:55:20 -0600
On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org> wrote:

> I need an Asterisk distribution.  However, I want small.  I do not need a
> CRM system, or any other "kitchen sink" apps.  Just IP and analog call
> functionality, voicemail, and basic auto-attendent.  Web config is also
> helpful.

I went looking for the same thing and settled on pfsense with the
freeswitch package. Freeswitch is not Asterisk, but from what I can
tell it will do anything Asterisk will do and more. I've been using it
quite happily at home for a few months now on a net5501.

Barring that, I could also recommend FreePBX, which should install or
build on your linux of choice. The developers clearly prefer CentOS,
but I got it going on Ubuntu (was it 8.04 or 8.10?) and updated the
install wiki, so you can go that way, which is what I did before
switching to pfsense.

Those are the two most compact options I'm aware of, besides Askozia,
which like you said, falls a little short on the feature list.

db