[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  <m0n0wall at kerfuffle dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Fwd: [m0n0wall] Blocking of Websites
 Date:  Fri, 02 Oct 2009 13:21:22 +0000
Anyone any ideas on the below?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [m0n0wall] Blocking of Websites
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 10:25:59 +0000
From: <m0n0wall at kerfuffle dot net>
To: <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>

Hi Guys/Girls,

I have a problem with the latest beta of m0n0wall installed onto a
Generic-Pc.  I am unable to view certain websites, including the site of my
ISP.  I can tcptraceroute to the sites to verify its not my rules.  However
in the firewall log I can see the packets being dropped by the firewall,
even though I don't have a rule in to block them.  This seems only to
effect IPv4 as I can view my providers site on IPv6.

Sometimes the packets are destined for my 93.xxx.xxx.211 address which is
my nat breakout and sometimes they are destined for my
subnet which is my lan.  Its odd and starting to become annoying.

I have IPv6 enabled as my ISP is ipv6 native.

A copy of my status.php is at http://kerfuffle.net/crap/status.html

My network is setup as follows:

2x /29 Public from My ISP
1x /48 Public IPv6 from My ISP
1x for my internal LAN

I have a /29 and a /64 on my link network between the router and the
I have a /29 and a /64 on my DMZ behind m0n0wall
I have a /24 of RFC1918 and a /64 on my internal LAN which is natted out
via 93.xxx.xxx.211

I had an idea it may have been the blocking of bogon networks, and so I
switched this off on the wan interface, however some of the sites being
blocked are on pretty old IP space...  this includes uk.yahoo.com.

Any help would be appreciated!