[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  <m0n0wall at kerfuffle dot net>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Fwd: [m0n0wall] Blocking of Websites
 Date:  Fri, 02 Oct 2009 13:21:22 +0000
Anyone any ideas on the below?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [m0n0wall] Blocking of Websites
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 10:25:59 +0000
From: <m0n0wall at kerfuffle dot net>
To: <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>

Hi Guys/Girls,

I have a problem with the latest beta of m0n0wall installed onto a
Generic-Pc.  I am unable to view certain websites, including the site of my
ISP.  I can tcptraceroute to the sites to verify its not my rules.  However
in the firewall log I can see the packets being dropped by the firewall,
even though I don't have a rule in to block them.  This seems only to
effect IPv4 as I can view my providers site on IPv6.

Sometimes the packets are destined for my 93.xxx.xxx.211 address which is
my nat breakout and sometimes they are destined for my 192.168.6.0/24
subnet which is my lan.  Its odd and starting to become annoying.

I have IPv6 enabled as my ISP is ipv6 native.

A copy of my status.php is at http://kerfuffle.net/crap/status.html

My network is setup as follows:

2x /29 Public from My ISP
1x /48 Public IPv6 from My ISP
1x 192.168.6.0/24 for my internal LAN

I have a /29 and a /64 on my link network between the router and the
m0n0wall.
I have a /29 and a /64 on my DMZ behind m0n0wall
I have a /24 of RFC1918 and a /64 on my internal LAN which is natted out
via 93.xxx.xxx.211

I had an idea it may have been the blocking of bogon networks, and so I
switched this off on the wan interface, however some of the sites being
blocked are on pretty old IP space...  this includes uk.yahoo.com.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Lee