[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "GD Incorporation" <rbasuki at gdincorporation dot com>
 To:  "'Lee Sharp'" <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] How to block a certain website with m0n0wall?
 Date:  Fri, 9 Oct 2009 11:00:28 +0700
Dear Lee

I did like what you wrote below. I went to whois.com and find info on
facebook.com domain and found that they used 4 dns servers. I was thinking
to block the DNS servers thinking that all access that goes through that
server will be rejected. But you are right if the DNS Servers are hosted to
important business oriented servers such as GoDaddy, then it will be
trouble.

I hope m0n0wall have a feature to block a certain domain all at once.

Now the next question, since the m0n0wall does not seem to be able to block
one whole domain, if I put a real web portal such as dansguardian to filter
what websites can be accessed, shoud I put it between ADSL modem and
Firewall or should I put it behind firewall?

Or do you still have more tricks in your sleeves to solve my problem?

Thanks
Rendra