[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mike Nichols <mike at myownsoho dot net>
 To:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to block a certain website with m0n0wall?
 Date:  Fri, 09 Oct 2009 01:23:07 -0400
Wasn't germany planning on doing something similar to opendns? of course
the easy way around this is to set an authoritative DNS on the local
machine, but then setting appropriate firewall rules on 53 combats that
workaround.

Just an idea, would squid be able to cache a parked page for certain
domains and just be told to never update its cache? -- i've never used
squid before, just an idea.