[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] How to block a certain website with m0n0wall?
 Date:  Fri, 09 Oct 2009 00:45:43 -0500
Mike Nichols wrote:
> Wasn't germany planning on doing something similar to opendns? of course
> the easy way around this is to set an authoritative DNS on the local
> machine, but then setting appropriate firewall rules on 53 combats that
> workaround.
>
> Just an idea, would squid be able to cache a parked page for certain
> domains and just be told to never update its cache? -- i've never used
> squid before, just an idea.

With squid, you can redirect a web page to a totally different page.  I
did help a company redirect specific "blue web sites" to
http://www.sexualrecovery.com/ and http://newlifehabits.com/  It was
kind of twisted, but very funny! :)

However, squid is a but hard from scratch.  I would think
http://dansguardian.org/ or http://www.untangle.com/ would be an easier
setup.

			Lee