[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  John Smith <jvin248 at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] how to block p2p programs
 Date:  Wed, 14 Oct 2009 22:35:03 -0400
Curious how to know a user is downloading copyright information?
A tracking feature in m0n0wall? Or other snooping program? Or just
big/excessive bandwidth use and then assume?
Some users download many different Linux distributions (including
experimenting with m0n0wall etc), both standard downloads and
bittorrent/p2p - so file size may not be an indicator on its own.  A few
bittorrent programs have 'encryption' options to keep transfers private.
What's the best way to monitor for such use (/abuse)?