[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mike Zanker <mike at zanker dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  IPv6 routing problem
 Date:  Thu, 15 Oct 2009 22:49:50 +0100
Hi,

I'm having a strange problem with IPv6. I have the following setup:

Cisco 877 <--> m0n0wall <--> LAN

If I ping6 a host on the LAN from the Cisco 877, the ICMPv6 echo-request
is routed through m0n0wall to the host, the host then sends an ICMPv6
echo reply back to the Cisco 877. However, m0n0wall doesn't forward the
echo-reply, it sends an ICMPv6 neighbour solicitation message to
ff02::1:ff00:1. The cisco appears to be either ignoring or not seeing
these solicitations so the echo-reply never gets forwarded.

Has anybody seen this before? I suspect the problem lies with the Cisco
and the key is getting it to respond to the solicitations.

Thanks in advance,

Mike