[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  rh at ffpx dot de
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Captive-Portal - voucher actiated without correct login??
 Date:  Fri, 23 Oct 2009 01:26:43 +0200
Hi,

I am making some experiences with captive portal.

I dont know really why, but the basic functions are working now fine -
especially the disconnection (in my case from WAN/Internet)

Is it possible, that redirected to the login-page for
Internet-Registration, a Voucher is activated even if the password is
wrong?

The only indication of this seems me, that there is no redirection
after authentication/activation but the voucher is active and access
is open!??

I also have problems to make working the
authentication/activation-redirection with firefox 3.014 under
Kubuntu. actually I have to authenticate/activate with Konqueror to
continue after with Firefox also. This problem persists even with
http-login. With https I may have to sign my certificates - yes some
work and knowledge to achieve...

Is it possible or recommended to use the auto-generated keys of m0n0
for https-admin-login also for captive-portal login - means just
transferring it with copy and paste???

If yes, why https-login with firefox to the router direkt works since
the http/s-login/redirection to CAP under Firefox not!??

Thanks a lot for Your replies

Ralf