[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.3b18 bridging problem
 Date:  Thu, 29 Oct 2009 23:48:05 -0400
On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Bradley Van Peursem
<bradley at itelework dot com> wrote:
> We are bridging 2 monowall 1.3b18 units via the Opt1 interface on the main monowall unit. The
primary unit does all the traffic shaping, the secondary unit does no traffic shaping.

works for the secondary unit(via the primary unit)

> Opt1 is set to allow all traffic.
>
> Any ideas folks?

The bridging was changed from the old BRIDGE to if_bridge in 1.3b17.
There were issues with the deprecated BRIDGE in FreeBSD 6.x, but
switching to if_bridge fixed those and I'm not aware of any issues
with bridging Ethernet adapters (wireless is another question, that's
on my todo list to investigate soon).

If you only upgrade one or the other does it make any difference?
Doing them both at the same time makes it harder to narrow down. You
should be able to downgrade the same as upgrading to test.