[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kim Hartlev <kim at hartlev dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall - <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  DNS forwarder - Override entire domain
 Date:  Fri, 30 Oct 2009 13:00:19 +0000
Hi,

I'm trying to override my ISPs DNS servers for my company's domain using
the DNS forwarder. I have an IPsec VPN configured betweem my home and
the company so I can access the company's internal DNS server (it is not
accessible via the internet) but unfortunately it doesn't seem like the
DNS forwarder is able to access the company DNS server through the
tunnel. If I query the company DNS server directly with nslookup I'm
able to get proper responses through the tunnel but if I do it through
the DNS forwarder it doesn't work.

Is this a limitation of the DNS forwarder or is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,
Kim