[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "John Stoffel" <john at stoffel dot org>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.3b18 : file system full
 Date:  Thu, 5 Nov 2009 16:06:26 -0500

Chris> On Thu, Nov 5, 2009 at 4:04 AM,  <Richard dot MANAS at unice dot fr> wrote:
>> Thanks for you answer.
>> My hardware is a pentium IV with 512 mB of RAM
>> More than 200 students are connected.
>>
>> I set only "Captive portal" and syslog is enable on a remote server
>>

>> and logs said "file system full"

Chris> The file system that's full is RAM, it's running from RAM
Chris> disk. If you have a very large DHCP leases file it will fill up
Chris> the memory disk.  Your only option may be to switch to using
Chris> some other system as a DHCP server.

Or hack your m0n0wall to increase the size of the RAM disk.  512Mb of
RAM is alot, so you could easily dedicate 256Mb to a RAM disk without
losing other functionality.

John