[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?iso-8859-1?Q?Benoit_B=E9gin?= <bbegin at yahoo dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>, John Stoffel <john at stoffel dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.3b18 : file system full
 Date:  Thu, 5 Nov 2009 17:31:31 -0800 (PST)
I thought that the logging was "circular" (newer events overwrite the oldest ones when the ramdisk
is full) ?

Benoit

From: John Stoffel <john at stoffel dot org>
To: "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
Cc: m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch

>> Thanks for you answer.
>> My hardware is a pentium IV with 512 mB of RAM
>> More than 200 students are connected.
>>
>> I set only "Captive portal" and syslog is enable on a remote server
>>

>> and logs said "file system full"

Chris> The file system that's full is RAM, it's running from RAM
Chris> disk. If you have a very large DHCP leases file it will fill up

Chris> some other system as a DHCP server.

RAM is alot, so you could easily dedicate 256Mb to a RAM disk without
losing other functionality.

John

Connect with friends from any web browser - no download required. Try the new Yahoo! Canada
Messenger for the Web BETA at http://ca.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php