[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.3b18 : file system full
 Date:  Fri, 6 Nov 2009 06:31:48 +0100
On Fri, Nov 6, 2009 at 2:52 AM, Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> wrote:

>> I thought that the logging was "circular" (newer events overwrite the oldest ones when the
ramdisk is full) ?

> Logging is circular, this isn't logging it's the DHCP leases file. You
> can't trim the DHCP leases file without breaking things.

How about shortening the max lease time?
I had a few systems last month where we saw the "Can't write to dhcp
lease file, No space left on device" error.
It was solved by setting the max lease time to 28800. Haven't seen
this issue on those systems since we did this.

On the other hand it's something strange, those systems were all
running over a year  without issues and all of a sudden they started
complaining about this.
The only thing changed is the userbase behind it (not the amount of
users, just different users)

HTH
regards,