[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Simon Baker" <simonb at kaizo dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Cc:  simonb at 6 dot kaizo dot org
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.3b18 : file system full
 Date:  Fri, 06 Nov 2009 08:54:21 -0000
On Fri, 06 Nov 2009 05:31:48 -0000, YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com> wrote:

> How about shortening the max lease time?
> I had a few systems last month where we saw the "Can't write to dhcp
> lease file, No space left on device" error.
> It was solved by setting the max lease time to 28800. Haven't seen
> this issue on those systems since we did this.
>
> On the other hand it's something strange, those systems were all
> running over a year  without issues and all of a sudden they started
> complaining about this.
> The only thing changed is the userbase behind it (not the amount of
> users, just different users)

O/T, but how many DHCP leases are we talking here before it runs out of
space?  What size networks are these running on?

In a pinch, Openwall GNU/*/Linux is a bootable CD which is a full live
system ; it contains a DHCP server so you could copy the leases file to
that and start the service... (http://www.openwall.com)

Regards,

S.