[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Kimmo Jaskari <kimmo dot jaskari at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Spontaneous reboot of 3.18
 Date:  Tue, 10 Nov 2009 20:57:34 +0200
My m0n0 spontaneously rebooted not long ago; the only reason I caught
it was that I happened to sit next to it when it did.

Since I don't forward my logs anywhere at the moment, this is all I
have. Posting it just in case anyone on the team is interested. The
events are in reverse order (bottom to top).

Nov 10 19:22:41	kernel: Rebooting...
Nov 10 19:22:41	kernel: Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key
on the console to abort
Nov 10 19:22:41	kernel: Cannot dump. No dump device defined.
Nov 10 19:22:41	kernel: Uptime: 5d0h25m49s
Nov 10 19:22:41	kernel: panic: kmem_malloc(4096): kmem_map too small:
34947072 total allocated

Not great obviously but better than it hanging, which unfortunately
also happens to me from time to time - rather, the web frontend is
responsive but nothing short of a reboot will unclog it. Haven't yet
noticed any pattern on how long it takes (sometimes a few days,
sometimes it goes many weeks.)

--
-{ Kimmo Jaskari }--{ kimmo dot jaskari at gmail dot com }--

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go
away." -- Philip K. Dick