[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive-Portal - voucher actiated without correct login??
 Date:  Fri, 23 Oct 2009 07:42:04 +0200
On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 1:26 AM,  <rh at ffpx dot de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am making some experiences with captive portal.
>
> I dont know really why, but the basic functions are working now fine -
> especially the disconnection (in my case from WAN/Internet)
>
> Is it possible, that redirected to the login-page for Internet-Registration,
> a Voucher is activated even if the password is wrong?

Hi,

I'd love to help you, but I don't really understand your post.
The voucher stuff inside monowall is simply to create a set of
login/password combinations which are stored as local captive portal
users.
It's just an automated process to avoid manual creation of many
captive portal user accounts.

> The only indication of this seems me, that there is no redirection after
> authentication/activation but the voucher is active and access is open!??

Vouchers are active after creation as far as I remember (i don't use
local CP users, only radius)
Access will always be closed as long as there isn't a correct
login/passw is given in the portal page.
Once this is done, access is open.

> I also have problems to make working the
> authentication/activation-redirection with firefox 3.014 under Kubuntu.
> actually I have to authenticate/activate with Konqueror to continue after
> with Firefox also. This problem persists even with http-login. With https I
> may have to sign my certificates - yes some work and knowledge to achieve...

You can just create ssl certs on any linux machine, but self signed
certs are labeled as invalid by all browser nowadays.
If you want to use https for your login page and want to look a little
pro to your customers, you will have to buy ssl certificates from an
official issuer
Keep in mind that also ocsp can give you a