[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe <j dot commisso at verizon dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  RSA Signature Authentication problem using XCA
 Date:  Sun, 22 Nov 2009 13:34:32 -0500
Hello,

I have a site to site vpn set up with m0n0 to m0n0 using pre shared keys
and it has been working for over a year.

I would like to use RSA Signature Authentication and have followed the
following instructions:
<http://doc.m0n0.ch/handbook/ipsec-rsa-auth.html>

When I try to "Save" the configuration on the m0n0wall web interface on
the ipsec edit page, I get the following:

The following input errors were detected:

    * This key does not appear to be valid.

I think this is referring to the private key.
I have searched the mailing list, the forum, and the web, but I don't
see anything that even comes close to explaining this.

When I open "XCA" and look at the private key details, it says "Private
Exponent: Available"

When I look at the corresponding certificate details, it says "Validity:
Valid".

m0n0wall is great.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Joe