[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall dash announce at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.3 released
 Date:  Mon, 30 Nov 2009 22:05:56 +0100
On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net> wrote:

> At this point, let me say thank you to all of those who have contributed in some way or another
(by submitting code, bug reports/fixes, cash, etc.)! m0n0wall has become a mature product, and the
open source firewall software landscape has changed considerably in the almost 7 years that I've
been working on it. There are now alternatives that offer more features (sometimes at the expense of
increased resource requirements), and I don't think that m0n0wall needs to duplicate those efforts.
As time permits, I'll continue to maintain m0n0wall and keep it relatively free of bugs and security
issues, move it to new versions of its FreeBSD base operating system to ensure compatibility with
new hardware, and perhaps add a new feature from time to time.

> Thanks for using m0n0wall, and have fun with v1.3!
>
> - Manuel

Thank you Manuel for this great product and all the efforts you've
made / make / will make.
Been using m0n0wall for about 4 years now and it's still my nr 1.

A little word of thanks to this list and community also.
No question was considered to be a stupid one, everybody always tried
to help people out as much as they can.
This list was always listening, experiences were shared, and that is a
great thing to have in this world.
m0n0wall and it's community is the best open source experience I ever had.

Thank you all.
Y.