[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive-Portal - voucher actiated without correct login??
 Date:  Fri, 23 Oct 2009 07:47:03 +0200
<Sorry, hit the send button by accident, the story continuous... :-) >

> I also have problems to make working the
> authentication/activation-redirection with firefox 3.014 under Kubuntu.
> actually I have to authenticate/activate with Konqueror to continue after
> with Firefox also. This problem persists even with http-login. With https I
> may have to sign my certificates - yes some work and knowledge to achieve...

You can just create ssl certs on any linux machine, but self signed
certs are labeled as invalid by all browser nowadays.
If you want to use https for your login page and want to look a little
pro to your customers, you will have to buy ssl certificates from an
official issuer.
Keep in mind that also ocsp can give you a headache with https captive
portal in m0n0wall nowadays (search the list, i've posted about this
before)

> Is it possible or recommended to use the auto-generated keys of m0n0 for
> https-admin-login also for captive-portal login - means just transferring it
> with copy and paste???

Why would want to do that? It's also a self signed one...

> If yes, why https-login with firefox to the router direkt works since the
> http/s-login/redirection to CAP under Firefox not!??

There must be something wrong with your CP settings.
We don't see issues with firefox, IE, opera, etc

> Thanks a lot for Your replies

Kind regards
Yves