[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] m0n0wall 1.3 released
 Date:  Mon, 30 Nov 2009 15:14:20 -0600
Manuel Kasper wrote:
> Hello m0n0wall users,
>
> after almost three years in beta, I have decided that m0n0wall 1.3 is now good enough for
production. It's basically a re-release of 1.3b18, with two fixes thrown in. No major bugs have been
reported anymore, but as always, upgrade on your own risk :)

Congratulations!  WooHoo!  Now to tear into it! :)

> If you're upgrading a 1.2 generic-pc installation, you need to install 1.3b7 before you install
1.3 (because the image is too big to fit in the MFS that 1.2 allocates for the firmware upgrade).

> If you're upgrading a 1.2 net45xx/net48xx/wrap installation, you need to rename the embedded image
to reflect your platform before you upload it (this is a one time thing only).

Is there no way to create a step release?  A 1.3 with a smaller
footprint...  The reason I ask is that I have over 100 firewalls to
upgrade remotely!  I know 1.3b7 is fairly stable, but that "b" is still
a bit scary... And I am trying to think how I can write upgrade
documentation that will be approved by the PHBs with a "b" in them... :-)

			Lee