[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mike Nichols <mike at myownsoho dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  using common topology through captive portal
 Date:  Sat, 24 Oct 2009 19:29:10 +0000
Though i plan to try this out late tonight, i was hoping to get some
feedback on it beforehand.

i plan to connect two offices through use of physical connections that
must include the captive portal. What i mean is that the only way to
connect the two locations is use of infrastructure that is using the
captive portal. so i'm thinking of just applying pass rules and setting
static IPs on those machines corresponding to the network outside the
captive portal. My question is this, when using the pass through mac, what
is actually happening? is it just routing the traffic around the portal?
Will the packets make it through the portal, through the pass rules and act
as usual (probably without multicast)?

let me know if anyone wants a report back on this.
--
 Mike Nichols
 +1 914 613 3334