[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Mikael Bak <mikael at t dash online dot hu>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Problems with Voucher-Recognition of captive portal
 Date:  Sat, 5 Dec 2009 17:51:45 +0100
On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 23:01:38 +0100
rh at ffpx dot de wrote:

> I use mostly kubuntu clients and because it seems not possible to
> validate a voucher over firefox, You have to validate it with
> kde-browser. After validation You can continue firefox. Firefox with
> all options like flash-blocking, java-blocking, popup-blocking and so
> is quite hard to make aktivate a m0n0-voucher...

I've validated vouchers in Ubuntu using Firefox. I've never seen the Firefox-problem you're
describing.

What happens? Is there a way to narrow down what plugin or whatever is stopping you from validate
vouchers in Firefox?

I've not been able to test vouchers on the latest stable release (1.3) yet. Our installations has
1.3b18. But I doubt much code has changed regarding vouchers or captive portal.

I don't see how a flash/java/popup-blocker could make voucher validation fail. IMHO it's all about
redirection. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Mikael