[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Mohammed Ismail" <m dot ismael at gmail dot com>
 To:  <valnar at yahoo dot com>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Future plans after 1.3?
 Date:  Sat, 5 Dec 2009 20:28:33 +0200
UPNP is against security, it is like a security hole as been said to me
before.
For hardware it does not really bother me because I use i386 PCs, I would
not bother my self to buy boards - which is expensive - where I live.
I hope m0n0wall in the feature adds Free Radius with Mysql Support. Having
the radius on the same machine would be great as it is serving small number
of clients as Free Radius can be configured for small environments.
Though we would not store database on the same box, then we can use hosting
in where ever and configure the remote database in the m0n0wall box.
Also Dual WAN support is important, although I would use pfsense if I must
have a dual WAN scenario. That's because I already use Desktop PCs. But the
more it is simple the more it is clean and easy to configure which is
m0n0wall totally is.
The way traffic shaper work is great, firewall is fine, although I hope
there will be MAC address support in GUI for firewall rules to filter when
using bridges. Also removing captive portal check on bridged interfaces as
it does not affect the CP any more with if_bridge, if It is running on the
bridge interface itself. Actually that added more security from LAN side.

1.3 is more secured Freebsd6, it might be more changeling if one of the next
releases work under FreeBSD8 to maximize wireless performance and to support
php5 if it would be easier than php4.

Best Regards and best wishes
Mohammed